American Enterprise needs dynamic people to help us capitalize on new opportunities, expand our customer groups, and enhance our products. To thrive as a business, we need energetic individuals who aren’t afraid to ask questions, bring fresh approaches, think creatively, and offer ideas for improving our companies. We believe delivering the right insurance solutions to the right people is an important responsibility that can directly affect their lives.
People who are connected
We believe every person is responsible for the success of American Enterprise. We call it our culture of leadership and accountability — where every person, regardless of title or position, thinks and acts like a leader to ensure our company reaches its goals.
People who have the right skills, attitude, and potential
We match our skills, expertise, and abilities to work well as part of a diverse team. We believe each of us has potential to grow and adapt with our business. We take your career as seriously as you do. Helping you develop your skills and talents leads to opportunities — not only for you, but also for our company.
We have an active development process for all employees. To support your continuous development, we offer challenging work assignments, on-the-job training, and a variety of in-house resources that can help you grow in your current position and prepare you for future career opportunities.
We offer an array of benefit choices and opportunities to meet the individual needs of our diverse team members. Some of our offerings include:
- Medical: choice among account-based health plans
- Dental: preferred provider offering
- Two Vision plan options
- 401(k): includes an employer match of 100 percent up to the first 6 percent of pay contributed
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Employer-paid Basic Life insurance
- Voluntary Employee and Dependent Life insurance
- Employer-paid, Long-Term Disability insurance
- Employer-subsidized, Short-Term Disability insurance
- ARAG legal insurance
- Onsite parking
- Free wellness screening
- Travel Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off (PTO) and 10 paid holidays
- Volunteer time off (VTO)
- Parental leave
- Flexible work schedules when feasible
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Business casual dress environment
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Insurance education program
- Onsite fitness facility (Des Moines location)
View Our Benefits